The “28th amendment” is blowing up my personal FB stream right now, and takes concern trolling to a whole new level:
- The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, being no longer necessary to a secure state is hereby nullified.
- The production and sale of new firearms, being defined as a rifle, pistol, or other gun, will be disallowed until a time in which the number of firearms in circulation is equal to 50% of the population as determined by the Census.
- No gun may reside in the same building as anyone who has failed a mental health evaluation, as performed by a medical professional, as approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).
- A mental health examination, as performed by a medical professional approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) must be passed in order to receive a firearms license.
- An income tax equal to 4% of an individual’s income will be assessed by all gun owners. In states which were at any point in time a part of the Confederate States of America, this tax shall be equal to 10% of an individual’s income. Taxes levied under this amendment shall be appropriated in equal portions to programs to expand Affirmative Action programs and begin to pay reparations to the descendants of African slaves.
- Any person making the choice to own a firearm must carry $250,000 worth of liability insurance for each weapon owned. This insurance must be provided by a publicly owned insurance company to be established.
What I’ve posted is only half of a 12-part list, and I encourage you to read the whole thing to get the full effect.
At the moment, no one seems to be sure if this is a masterful parody of an anti-gun position, or the sincere work of a person who simply has no grasp of reality.
Note: the site appears to be getting crushed with traffic right now, so it may not be up when you visit.